[MLton-user] Re: MLton OS.Path under Windows [MLton-user Digest, Vol 27, Issue 6]

Henry Cejtin henry.cejtin at sbcglobal.net
Fri Nov 14 06:03:03 PST 2008

I  don't  use  Windows,  so  take  what  I  saw  with a grain of salt, but my
understanding was that the only point of a path being absolute  that  it  did
not  depend  on the context of the running program.  Hence it would seem that
the only thing that makes sense is to require that  on  Windows  an  absolute
path requires a valid volume.

I.e., the question is does it ever make sense to treat paths which start with
a \ but have no volume any differently than paths that do not start with a \.