[MLton-user] Using MinGW version of MLton on Vista

Bernard Berthomieu Bernard.Berthomieu at laas.fr
Fri Sep 5 06:21:36 PDT 2008

Hi John,

John Reppy wrote:
> I've installed the 20070826 MinGW version of MLton (statically linked), but when I
> Run it from a MSYS bash shell, it immediately dumps core
>
> $ /c/mingw/bin/mlton
>       0 [main] bash 4476 open_stackdumpfile: Dumping stack trace to bash.exe.stackdump
>
> Is this a known problem?  Should I be using a different version of MLton?

I built this particular version, on an XP machine. I never tried it on
Vista though,
and there are no Vista machine around to check, unfortunately.

However, I could check that (my) applications built with that compiler
on XP,
run fine on Vista. I'd suggest you to try the same: compile on XP then
run on Vista ...

  Bernard.