[MLton-user] Using MinGW version of MLton on Vista

John Reppy t-johrep at microsoft.com
Fri Sep 5 06:38:23 PDT 2008

Thanks for the pointer.  The r6811 msi version works better for me, although it installs its own copy of MSYS and MinGW,
which seems strange.  The problem that I'm hitting now is that MLton is reporting a syntax error on a mlb file (the file in
question has been used successfully on both Linux and Mac OS X systems).

$ make
/bin/mlton -const 'Exn.keepHistory true' -mlb-path-map /c/Users/t-johrep/Work/sml3d/src/sml3d-path-map -link-opt '-L/c/Users/t-johrep/Work/sml3d/windows/lib -lglut32 -lglu32 -lopengl32 /c/Users/t-johrep/Work/sml3d/src/glut/glut-glue.o'  -output ortho main.mlb
Error: main.mlb 27.0.
  Parse error.
compilation aborted: parseAndElaborate reported errors
make: *** [ortho] Error 1

The MLB file is

     1  (* main.mlb
     2   *
     3   * COPYRIGHT (c) 2008 John Reppy (http://www.cs.uchicago.edu/~jhr)
     4   * All rights reserved.
     5   *
     6   * Ortho2d test
     7   *)
     8
     9  local
    10
    11    $(SML_LIB)/basis/basis.mlb
    12    $(SML_LIB)/smlnj-lib/Util/smlnj-lib.mlb
    13    $(SML_LIB)/basis/mlton.mlb
    14
    15    $(SMLXD_LIB)/common/sml3d-common.mlb
    16    $(SMLXD_LIB)/glut/glut.mlb
    17    $(SMLXD_LIB)/util/util.mlb
    18
    19    main.sml