[MLton-devel] MLton meeting in Chicago in February

Stephen Weeks MLton@mlton.org
Thu, 7 Nov 2002 15:49:12 -0800

> Have you considered the possibility of co-locating with POPL in New
> Orleans which is in mid-January?  It would have the advantage of (a) being
> warmer, (b) giving us the opportunity to invite other people if we so choose,
> and (c) having meeting facilities already available?

I don't have a strong feeling one way or the other.  I'm a little
concerned about it being more expensive (e.g. will the meeting room be
free (as I assume it will be at Sourcelight)).  But maybe it makes it
easier on you and Matthew to get funding to attend?

I looked at the POPL program and didn't see a lot to interest me, so I
probably wouldn't attend.  Who were you thinking might like to listen
in?

PADL in Jan 13-14, POPL is Jan 15-17, and TLDI and FOOL are on Jan
18.  If we were to meet in New Orleans then, I propose to meet for
three days: Jan 18, 19, 20.  That's a Saturday-Monday.  Henry and
Matthew, can you make that?