[MLton-devel] FFI real as float? Also a note to Anoq.

Mike Thomas mthomas@gil.com.au
Tue, 29 Jul 2003 20:33:51 +1000

Hi there.

> Or maybe just (as I do in all my code):
>
> structure Real32 = Real
>
> :)
>
> The CompatibilityLayer project of this page tries to smoothe out
> some compiler differences between MLKit, MLton and SML/NJ
> in general - but I haven't tried it with the latest MLton:
> http://www.hardcoreprocessing.com/pro/smlcode/index.html
>
> It also does this for Real32.

Thanks for that - I've grabbed it and will look closely when I get into it
later.

> > > As an aside to Anoq, I'm looking forward to that MinGW port and also
your
> > > SDL library being updated!!
>
> As for the SDL library... this is something I cannot promise any kind
> of date for right now :(
>
> It is "almost ready for a release" - but there are still
> changes for my perfectionism that I would like to make, and I would
> prefer not to get the "imperfect" version out in the big world ;)
>
> At any rate, it will still not be a "complete" API - only adequate
> for many uses (and a lot prettier than the current release).

Likewise the OpenGL binding is far from complete but it has plenty of stuff
none-the-less.

Cheers

Mike Thomas.

---