[MLton] CommandLine_commandName has no gotoInfo property

Stephen Weeks sweeks@sweeks.com
Fri Aug 4 18:13:16 PDT 2006

> > If we can see the SSA
> > it should be pretty easy to figure out what's wrong.  In fact, if you
> > look for CommandLine_commandName in the SSA you might be able to
> > figure it out yourself.
>
> This doesn't seem to be the case, the only occurence of
> CommandLine_commandName I see is something like
> varname: word32 = CommandLine_commandName ()

Indeed, it does look quite ordinary.

Try compiling with -codegen c.  That will help to isolate whether the
bug is some unchecked assumption about the ILs or an x86-codegen bug.
And, if the C codegen completes, we can see exactly how the symbol is
being used.

It's also worth trying to compile a small program that uses
CommandLine.commandName.  Perhaps that will tickle the same bug.