[MLton-user] language extensions

Stephen Weeks MLton-user@mlton.org
Wed, 29 Dec 2004 12:47:19 -0800

> Stephen, does I understand you right: you would like to make MLTon SML
> compliant. That's enough. All other features will be good, but it's
> enough.

Yes, and to clarify, MLton is already as SML compliant as any other
SML compiler, and typically much more so.  We are very pedantic about
following the Definition of SML, and about fixing bugs.  Our list of
bugs

	http://mlton.org/UnresolvedBugs

includes three bugs, two of which indicate problems with the
Definition and one of which is a parser issue.  And that list is
complete, to the best of our knowledge.  Compare, for example, to the
list of deviations from the Definition that we have compiled for
SML/NJ

	http://mlton.org/DeviationsOfSMLNJ

And that list is surely incomplete.