[MLton-user] SVN r6941 MLton/MinGW32 and FFI

Wesley W. Terpstra wesley at terpstra.ca
Tue Nov 11 13:11:05 PST 2008

On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 9:40 PM, Dan DuVarney
<duvarney at reactive-systems.com> wrote:
> 1. I downloaded  and installed a dlfcn library for MinGW from Google code.

I would suggest you download the dlfcn-win32-shared-r8.tar.bz2
version. As it's shared, you won't need to change the _import from
external to public; external will be correct.

> 5. After much pain, I discovered and fixed a bug in the dlfcn library. The
>    implementation of dlerror() was returning a pointer to a null
> character on a
>    clean exit instead of a null pointer.

Please forward your fix to the google folk so that it is included in
their future releases.

> I am now updating linkage-libdl.sml. Hopefully we will be up and running
> with MLton once again.

Hopefully, with the above two items done, linkage-libdl.sml doesn't
need modification.